A Good Basic Skin Care Routine is Vital to Results!
A lot of people seem to have a problem when it comes to perfecting their skincare regimen. What products to use and when?
So here’s a quick guide and basic routine that might help you know what actions to take, when and which of our products to use.
As skin types vary this is a general “suggested” starting point; be attentive to your skin’s response and adjust your routine accordingly.
1. Wash and/or splash your face “gently” in the morning, if you must. At the same time we need to avoid cleansing too much and robbing your gentle face of vital protective oils. If you have to wash, use very little of our gentle cleanser (mostly water) and wake yourself up!
2. Start your day with a good toner: Use a good toner first thing to refreshingly “wake up your skin” and prepare it for the day’s activities. Face toner is basically an in-between skin-care step, used after washing your face but, before moisturizing it. It will prep the skin for moisturizers and serums, while getting rid of excess oil and stubborn dirt or makeup leftover on your face after you wash it. It will also help rebalance important skin PH levels that can be affected by washing and cleansing. A good advanced toner, like our Extreme Anti-Oxidant Toner, provides much, much more, like helping to repair damaged cells and stimulate overall dermal cellular regeneration for younger, more resilient, smooth and even toned skin.
3. Apply your Vitamin C serum: Vitamin C is one of the most effective anti-oxidants for preventing sun and UV ray damage. It’s one of the most important things to give your skin in abundance each day. Sunscreens cannot do it all but, a good amount of effective topical Vitamin C, along with a sunscreen, gives you the highest photo-protection you can get. We use what we believe is the highest quality most effective Vitamin-C available.
4. Apply a good vitamin rich cream to face and body: AloeMoist is a safe and gentle complete formula and solution for your skin. It is designed to give your skin the moisture and nutrition it needs for the day, including botanical oils, vitamins A,B,C and E and other highly effective anti-oxidants like Green Tea and CoQ-10. It is a complete treatment for your skin and should be used on both face and body.
5. Apply a sunscreen: Use a good sunscreen on any exposed areas you feel need the extra sun protection. Our mineral based safe and gentle sunscreen can be used by even the most sensitive of skin types.
1. Cleanse before bed: It is recommended that you wash your face with a mild cleanser at least once a day, preferably at night, to cleanse your skin from the day’s activities. Use a gentle cleanser that will clean but not irritate sensitive skin.
2. Use your gentle toner to ensure your skin is free of grime and unwanted oils: Face toner is basically an in-between skin-care step, used after washing your face but before moisturizing it. It will prep the skin for moisturizers and serums, while getting rid of excess oil and stubborn dirt or makeup leftover on your face after you wash it. It will also help rebalance important skin PH levels that can be affected by washing and cleansing. A good advanced toner, like our Extreme Anti-Oxidant Toner, provides much, much more, like helping to repair damaged cells and stimulate overall dermal cellular regeneration for younger, more resilient, smooth and even toned skin.
3. Once a week exfoliate: Once a week use a gentle scrub to clear away dead skin cells. For your hands and other body parts use our Shea Butter Scrub.
For the face use our fine Bamboo and Cranberry Face Scrub.
4. Apply a mask to clear your pours of built up oils and gunk: This should be done at least once a week at night, after using your scrub and before you apply your serum(s) and creams. There can be many types of masks. While performing their primary task of effective exfoliation and pore cleaning, are tailored to also address slightly different skin needs and promote different aspects of skin health, such as anti-aging, hydration, exfoliation etc. Our Face Mask Trio acts as a team to not only exfoliate but, to hydrate, purify, regenerate and provide an extra dose of super anti-oxidant protection!
PRODUCT – Purifying Masks: Use this cleaning, rejuvenating and powerful age-fighting trio of masks to make your skin clear, fresh and radiating with health and beauty! Although these are extra safe and gentle and can be applied daily, we suggest every other day, switching off between the three as each provides something different for your skin. Three masks to choose from:
5. Apply a retinol serum (Vitamin A): Retinol is the king of all age-fighters but, can cause sun sensitivity in some skin types so, best reserved for evening application. Vitamin A has a molecular structure that’s tiny enough to get into the lower layers of skin where it finds collagen and elastin and activates them. Vitamin A is proven to improve pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, skin tone and color, as well as your skins hydration levels.
6. Apply a good nourishing and regenerating night cream: Nighttime is the perfect time to give your skin the extra anti-aging “umph” ingredients. While your body is resting and regenerating so can your skin! It’s also the time to use a cream or products that contain higher amounts of Retinol, that “may’ cause some sun sensitivity with some people. Our Revive Anti-aging face cream is a nothing-missed powerful age-fighter containing 2.5% retinol, plant stem cells, hyaluronic acid, peptides, botanical oils, numerous nutrients and anti-aging, anti-oxidants. It is safe and effective for use around the eyes, on the face and any other “age-revealing” areas that you want. This cream can make a big difference in your skin health and beauty very quickly!
Carrying out such a routine as regularly as possible gives your skin the best chance to get all of the moisture, nutrients, protection and care that it needs and deserves. AloeMoist offers the safest, highest quality and most effective products to get your routine going and your skin looking and feeling it’s very best!