A Good Basic Skin Care Routine is Vital to Results!
A lot of people seem to have a problem when it comes to perfecting their skincare regimen. What to use and do and what not to? Am I doing too much, not enough, is it working etc.?
So here’s a quick guide and basic routine that might help you know what actions to take, what products to use and when.
As skin types vary this is a general “suggested” starting point; be attentive to your skins response and adjust your routine accordingly.
1. Cleanse before bed: It is recommended that you wash your face with a mild cleanser at least once a day, preferably at night to cleanse your skin from the days activities. Use a gentle cleanser that will not irritate sensitive skin.
2. Apply a retinol serum (Vitamin A): Retinol is the king of all age-fighters but can cause sun sensitivity in some skin types so best reserved for the evening. Vitamin A has a molecular structure that’s tiny enough to get into the lower layers of skin where it finds collagen and elastin and activates them. Vitamin A is proven to improve pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, skin tone and color, as well as your skins hydration levels.
3. Apply a good nourishing and regenerating night cream: Night time is the perfect time to give your skin the extra anti-aging “umph” ingredients so that while your body is resting and regenerating so can your skin! It’s also the time to use a cream or products that contain higher amounts of Retinol that can cause some sun sensitivity. Our AloeMoist Revive contains 2.5% retinol, plant stem cells, the perfect complex of rebuilding vitamins and the moisture your skin needs.
4. Once a week exfoliate: Once a week use a gentle scrub to clear away dead skin cells This should be done at night and before you apply your serum(s) and creams.
Organic Purifying Mask( Coming Soon!)
5. Apply a mask to clear your pours of built up oils and gunk. This should be done once a week at night after using your scrub and before you apply your serum(s) and creams. There can be many types of masks all tailored to target slightly different problems or to emphasise and promote different aspects of skin health such as anti-aging, hydration, exfoliation etc. Although most any of these would be of some benefit – and usually a pleasure to experience – in our routine we are looking to acheive the most important thing – effective exfoliation; cleaning the pours and leaving your skin feeling and looking clean and bright!
1. Wash and/or splash your face “gently” in the morning, if you must?: At the same time we need to avoid over cleansing too much and robbing your gentle face of vital protective oils. IF you have to wash, use very little gentle cleanser (mostly water) and wake yourself up!
2. Apply your Vitamin C serum: Vitamin C is one of the most effective anti-oxidants for preventing sun and UV ray damage so one of the most important things to give your skin in abundance each and every day. Sunscreens can not do it all but a good amount of effective topical Vitamin C along with a sunscreen gives you the highest photo-protection you can get.
3. Apply a good vitamin rich cream to face and body: AloeMoist is a safe and gentle complete formula and solution for your skin. It is designed to give your skin the moisture and nutrition it needs for the day including vital anti-aging, anti-oxidants including the highest quality Vitamin-C on the market. It is a complete body and face cream.
4. Apply a sunscreen. Use a good sunscreen on any exposed areas you feel need the extra sun protection. Our mineral based safe and gentle sunscreen can be used by even the most sensitive of skin types.
Carrying out such a routine as regularly as possible gives your skin the best chance to get all of the moisture, nutrients, protection and care that it needs and deserves. AloeMoist offers the safest, highest quality and most effective products to get your routine going!